AQwaTech BV wants to focus on the protection of personal data according to the rules elaborated in the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) or – in Dutch – the AVG (Algemene Verordening Gegevensbescherming) according to the European Regulation 2016/679 which applies from 25 May 2018 and the other applicable legislation regarding the protection of personal data.
We take good care of your personal data
Processing includes collecting, recording, organizing, structuring, storing, updating, changing, retrieving, consulting, using, forwarding, distributing or otherwise making available, combining, blocking, erasing or destroying.
We process your personal data in a conscious manner
Your personal data will only be processed if this is done in a lawful manner. On the one hand this is possible after your consent. You always have the right to revoke this consent.
On the other hand, this is only possible when it is necessary for one of the following reasons;
- Execute contract
- Statutory provision
- Vital importance
- Public interest
- Legitimate interest
For each purpose, AQwaTech indicates which basis (lawfulness) applies.
Purpose and legitimacy
AQwaTech will only process the necessary personal data for the following purposes:
- Customer management, e.g. management of a customer relationship, preparation of offers and execution of one or more agreements (e.g. an order, …), accounting processing, … (contractual necessity) (legitimate interest) (legal obligation).
The following information is kept by us (non-exhaustive):
- personal identification data: surname, first name, telephone number, mobile phone number, e-mail address, billing address, delivery address. These data are provided to us directly by you, or indirectly via the distributor.
- financial identification data: VAT number (if applicable), financial data: bank account number (only for bank transfer), payment status.
- in the case of professional customers: function of the contact person.
- Supplier management, e.g. the management of a supplier relationship, the processing of offers and the execution of one or more agreements, accounting processing, … (contractual necessity) (legitimate interest, i.e. the freedom to conduct business) (legal obligation) (consent).
The following information is kept by us (non-exhaustive):
- personal identification data: surname, first name, address, e-mail address, function of the contact person, telephone number and/or mobile phone number.
- financial identification data: VAT number, financial data.
- Compliance with legal obligations on our part, e.g. tax and social security obligations (legal obligation): all data necessary to comply with this legal obligation.
- Dispute management (legitimate interest, i.e. the protection of financial interests)
- Direct marketing, e.g. mailing to customers and prospects (legitimate interest, i.e. freedom of enterprise) (consent). You always have the right to object. This can be done by unsubscribing or contacting us.
- As part of the security of our buildings, cameras have been installed on the AQwaTech premises. The surveillance images are kept for a maximum of 1 month, unless they are required for a longer period as evidence (crime, damage, identification of a perpetrator/witness/victim).
- AQwaTech does not process special categories of data as defined in Article 9 of the GDPR/AVG nor children under 16 years of age.
If the basis is a contractual necessity or a legal obligation, the personal data must be provided in order to enable the execution of the agreement or in order to comply with a legal obligation. If the required data are not provided, the relationship cannot be continued.
It goes without saying that AQwaTech secures all data appropriately. As a result, we have taken the necessary technical and organisational measures: AQwaTech provides the necessary physical safeguards, regular updates of hardware and software, adequate password management, secure internet connections and uses antivirus software to achieve this.
Personal data shall be kept for the period specified below:
- Customer management: 10 years after the end of the contractual relationship
- Supplier management: 10 years after the end of the contractual relationship
- Compliance with legal obligations on our part: legal retention period
- Dispute management: during the period necessary to settle the dispute definitively
- Direct marketing: 5 years after the last meaningful contact with the person concerned.
Additional information regarding recipients of personal data
AQwaTech will share your personal information with the following recipients:
- yourself and the distributor designated by you;
- suppliers, in the context of a contract to be performed (e.g. transport company for delivery);
- public services in the context of legal obligations
- our professional advisers, lawyers and bailiffs to the extent necessary for their assistance
- technical processors, e.g. hosting of website, files and files, subject to the implementation of the necessary processing agreements.
Security of personal data
The personal data processed by AQwaTech will not be passed on to third parties, with the exception of the recipients as described above. This third party must process the personal data provided to him in accordance with the GDPR legislation (e.g. adequately protect this data, …).
AQwaTech would also like to draw your attention to the fact that no system can be 100% secure. Information security also depends on you. You also need to secure your own information systems and keep any account information confidential.
Export of personal data
The personal data processed by AQwaTech will not be exported to countries outside the European Economic Area.
Third party websites
This privacy statement does not apply to third party websites that are linked to our website by means of links. We cannot guarantee that these third parties will handle your personal data reliably or securely. We advise you to read the privacy statements of these websites before using them.
Our business card with all the necessary information
AQwaTech is responsible for processing for the purposes described above. A data controller determines the purpose and means of processing personal data. Do you have any questions for AQwaTech? Please contact us:
Processing manager AQwaTech BV
Registered office Bevrijdingsweg 18 – 8480 Ichtegem
Tel.: +32 (50) 69 02 45
Company number BE 0555.711.515
The supervisory authority in our case is, in principle, the Belgian data protection authority. If desired, you can always contact this authority.
Supervisory authority GBA – Data protection authority
Contact details Rue du Prince 35, 1000 Brussels
+32 (0)2 274 48 00
We listen to your questions
You can always contact AQwaTech as processing manager for the following matters:
- refuse profiling
You have the right to view (access), correct (rectify), delete, limit in processing, transfer to another data controller, object to the processing and refuse automatic decision making, including profiling. AQwaTech does not engage in profiling or automated decision making.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority. In order to enable a quick amicable settlement of disputes, we kindly ask you to contact us first.
The above rights are subject to a number of legal conditions and limitations. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us first.
This Privacy Notice was last updated on 08/06/2020, but is subject to change in the future. You should therefore consult this document on a regular basis. Any important changes will be indicated on our website.